Louisiana horsemen have approved a deal allowing Youbet.com and Premier Turf Club the signal to Louisiana Downs, the first agreements reached with any advance deposit wagering companies under the auspices of negotiating with the Thoroughbred Horsemen's Group.
An official of the Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association said on May 14 that his organization will issue a proposal that would enable Calder Race Course to carry the simulcast signal of the May 17 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) -- with a condition.
Churchill Downs Inc. has amended its lawsuit against Florida horsemen and the Thoroughbred Horsemen's Group to include certain Kentucky horsemen associations and officers, an action in which all defendants are charged with violating federal antitrust laws.
It's difficult to gauge the immediate effect of the ongoing dispute with Kentucky horsemen on the Churchill Downs' spring meet, as handle on racing from the opening weekend at the Louisville track was down only slightly from 2007, according to one data source.
Most Popular Stories
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom