The second annual Old Friends at the Oheka Castle fundraising event will take place June 5 at Gold Coast mansion in Huntington, N.Y. The evening is a benefit for Old Friends.
The Saratoga jockey colony will take on the Philadelphia Orchestra in a softball game to benefit the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund Aug. 1.
On Friday morning, April 30, they're off to the Oaks Brunch at the Brown Hotel, a Fundraiser to benefit the Kentucky Museum of Arts + Design. More than 250 people have gathered for this 18th annual event to see and be seen, to buy, and to brunch.
The California Thoroughbred Trainers, in a charitable evening to benefit the Edwin J. Gregson Foundation, gathered to honor retired Hall of Fame jockeys Eddie Delahoussaye and Laffit Pincay Jr. at a dinner April 5 at the Twin Palms restaurant in Pasadena. Nearly 400 people attended the event, which raised more than $75,000.
A Valentine's Day fund-raiser for the family of jockey Michael Rowland, who died from injuries sustained in a Feb. 5 racing accident at Turfway Park, has drawn interest from around the country, and donated items continued to come in the morning of the event.
Churchill Downs Inc. announced it will host a fundraiser for the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation on June 13, 2003.
New York State Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund establishes new deadlines regarding stallion applications...Auction and fundraiser to benefit Betsy Wells scheduled for April 28...2002 Class of Hall of Fame inductees to be named April 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas