German-bred Royal Highness avenged her loss to Safari Queen in the Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) with a two-length win over her rival in the $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf Sunday.
Arindel Farm's 5-year-old Argentine-bred mare Safari Queen has the credentials to be favored against eight rival fillies and mares entered in Sunday's $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) going 1 3/8 miles on turf at Gulfstream Park.
Circular Quay and Friendly Island, both second in Breeders' Cup World Championship races Nov. 4, head an 11-horse shipment of Todd Pletcher trainees that arrived at Hollywood Park from New York. The Thursday afternoon flight included six horses from the Christophe Clement stable as well.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby