German-bred Royal Highness avenged her loss to Safari Queen in the Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) with a two-length win over her rival in the $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf Sunday.
Arindel Farm's 5-year-old Argentine-bred mare Safari Queen has the credentials to be favored against eight rival fillies and mares entered in Sunday's $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) going 1 3/8 miles on turf at Gulfstream Park.
Circular Quay and Friendly Island, both second in Breeders' Cup World Championship races Nov. 4, head an 11-horse shipment of Todd Pletcher trainees that arrived at Hollywood Park from New York. The Thursday afternoon flight included six horses from the Christophe Clement stable as well.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta