German-bred Royal Highness avenged her loss to Safari Queen in the Long Island Handicap (gr. IIT) with a two-length win over her rival in the $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf Sunday.
Arindel Farm's 5-year-old Argentine-bred mare Safari Queen has the credentials to be favored against eight rival fillies and mares entered in Sunday's $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) going 1 3/8 miles on turf at Gulfstream Park.
Circular Quay and Friendly Island, both second in Breeders' Cup World Championship races Nov. 4, head an 11-horse shipment of Todd Pletcher trainees that arrived at Hollywood Park from New York. The Thursday afternoon flight included six horses from the Christophe Clement stable as well.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Hangover Kid Strikes Late in Bowling Green
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Darley Sire Commands Dies in Australia
- Former Classics Starters Line Up in Jean Prat
- Slade Power Convincing July Cup Victor