Still smarting from their most recent losses, Smiling Tiger and Amazombie will square off in a highly-competitive renewal of the $250,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park July 2.
Favored Bench Points, charging from last in upper stretch, nosed Runflatout in a terrific finish to the Lazaro Berrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park May 15.
Triple Crown aspirations cast aside in a decisive loss in the San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) in March, Runflatout makes his return to action in the $100,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park May 15.
With morning-line favorite Premier Pegasus scratched from the 2011 Santa Anita Derby, is it now anybody's race? Will Silver Medallion take to the dirt? Is it time for another surprise? Predict the Order
San Felipe winner and morning line favorite Premier Pegasus, owned and trainer by Myung Kwon Cho, is out due to a hairline fracture.
Premier Pegasus, Jaycito, and Bench Points had strong works April 3 in preparation for the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 9.
Premier Pegasus provided a clear leader for the previously wide open 3-year-old division on the West Coast with his smashing 7 3/4-length romp in the $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 12 at Santa Anita.
Who will win the 2011 San Felipe? Will it be one of the grade I winners, Comma to the Top or Jaycito? Will it be a recent maiden winner like Runflatout or Alberatti? Predict the Order
Two grade I winners are in the lineup for the $250,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 12 at Santa Anita, but a ridgling son of Flatter making his first start against winners figures to draw plenty of attention as well.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan