Read what buyers and consignors had to say about the market during the first week of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale in Lexington.
Real Quiet, who was nosed out of becoming racing's 12th Triple Crown winner, died Sept. 27 in a paddock accident at Michael Jester's Penn Ridge Farm near Harrisburg, Pa.
Red Ransom came through with his 100th stakes winner when his son Snow Alert won the XXXX Gold Hawkesbury Rowley Mile (Aust-I) at Hawkesbury May 1.
Bellamy Road, record-setting winner of the 2005 Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) at Aqueduct, will enter stud at Hurricane Hall near Lexington.
The Bluegrass Farms Chaplaincy, designed to meet the needs of horse farm workers in Central Kentucky, officially kicked off its program Jan. 14 with its first prayer breakfast at Keeneland during the January mixed sale. The chaplaincy hopes to line up 12 facilities to serve as "founding farms."
A 5-year-old stakes winning mare who was being sold as a broodmare prospect brought a top price of $120,000 during Thursday's session of Keeneland's January Horses of All Ages Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Meadowlands Cancels Friday card
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The G2 Lafayette
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turnback the Alarm
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board