Read what buyers and consignors had to say about the market during the first week of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale in Lexington.
Real Quiet, who was nosed out of becoming racing's 12th Triple Crown winner, died Sept. 27 in a paddock accident at Michael Jester's Penn Ridge Farm near Harrisburg, Pa.
Red Ransom came through with his 100th stakes winner when his son Snow Alert won the XXXX Gold Hawkesbury Rowley Mile (Aust-I) at Hawkesbury May 1.
Bellamy Road, record-setting winner of the 2005 Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) at Aqueduct, will enter stud at Hurricane Hall near Lexington.
The Bluegrass Farms Chaplaincy, designed to meet the needs of horse farm workers in Central Kentucky, officially kicked off its program Jan. 14 with its first prayer breakfast at Keeneland during the January mixed sale. The chaplaincy hopes to line up 12 facilities to serve as "founding farms."
A 5-year-old stakes winning mare who was being sold as a broodmare prospect brought a top price of $120,000 during Thursday's session of Keeneland's January Horses of All Ages Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries