Cali Star put away Best Behavior in early stretch and drew off to victory in the $100,000 Rampart Stakes (gr. III) to claim the first stakes victory of her career in the one-mile test for fillies and mares Dec. 12.
Trainer Marty Wolfson will have Cali Star, Best Behavior, and Curlin's Princess in the one-turn-mile Rampart Stakes (gr. III) Dec. 12, and also has Lori's Store in the $100,000 South Beach on the Saturday card at Gulfstream.
Read what buyers and consignors had to say about the market during the first week of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale in Lexington.
Real Quiet, who was nosed out of becoming racing's 12th Triple Crown winner, died Sept. 27 in a paddock accident at Michael Jester's Penn Ridge Farm near Harrisburg, Pa.
Red Ransom came through with his 100th stakes winner when his son Snow Alert won the XXXX Gold Hawkesbury Rowley Mile (Aust-I) at Hawkesbury May 1.
Bellamy Road, record-setting winner of the 2005 Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) at Aqueduct, will enter stud at Hurricane Hall near Lexington.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Bluegrass Farms Chaplaincy, designed to meet the needs of horse farm workers in Central Kentucky, officially kicked off its program Jan. 14 with its first prayer breakfast at Keeneland during the January mixed sale. The chaplaincy hopes to line up 12 facilities to serve as "founding farms."
A 5-year-old stakes winning mare who was being sold as a broodmare prospect brought a top price of $120,000 during Thursday's session of Keeneland's January Horses of All Ages Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Royal Posse Defends Title in Claiming Crown