Changing Skies picked up her first U.S. stakes win for trainer Bill Mott when she swept past upset-minded Nehantic Kat to win the $100,000 The Very One Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf at rainy Gulfstream Park Feb. 27.
The opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 5 featured Playful Act's world record auction price of $10.5 million, which made her the most expensive broodmare or broodmare prospect ever sold.
The children of the late Robert Sangster recently announced plans to sell the international bloodstock empire that he established.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- USDA Officials Address American Horse Council
- Live Stream of Welfare Summit Offered July 8
- TOBA Names Top Owners, Breeders for 2014
- F-T Summer Sale Adds Stakes-Winning Fillies
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week