Lady Lara and Coffee Clique will be working Oct. 17 to find some semblance of their previously consistent form in the $200,000 Athenia Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park.
Tapit struck again at the Aug. 10 session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga selected yearling sale when one of his colts brought $2 million.
A colt by Blame, pinhooked by First Finds for $20,000 as a weanling in 2014, brings $335,000 during the July 9 Fasig-Tipton July yearling sale. Ellen Charles, of Washington, D.C., is the buyer.
Changing Skies picked up her first U.S. stakes win for trainer Bill Mott when she swept past upset-minded Nehantic Kat to win the $100,000 The Very One Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf at rainy Gulfstream Park Feb. 27.
The opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 5 featured Playful Act's world record auction price of $10.5 million, which made her the most expensive broodmare or broodmare prospect ever sold.
- By Mark Popham
The children of the late Robert Sangster recently announced plans to sell the international bloodstock empire that he established.
Most Popular Stories
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16