Trainer Philip T. Aristone earned his 1,000th victory when Delta Miner won the 10th race at Philadelphia Park Dec. 8.
Given a second shot at her rival Miss Macy Sue in the $400,000 Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes, Wild Gams turned the tables on the favorite with a track-record victory by a half-length at the second-year Pennsylvania track Sept. 13.
Victory Pool takes a second shot at Affectionately Handicap in final start at Aqueduct.
Wildcat Heir, who ran poorly in the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), was found to have sustained a hairline fracture of the accessory carpal bone, apparently during the race, and has been retired.
A bay son Cryptoclearance out of Lady Tiara was selected as the Grand Champion at the Maryland Horse Breeders Association yearling show June 26 by successful trainer Ben Perkins Sr.
In spite of contesting just off a fast pace, New Farm's homebred Wildcat Heir had enough in the tank to hold off favored Midas Eyes by a neck in the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Pimlico Saturday.
Unforgettable Max is looking to shed the unforgettable part of his name and add a grade stakes win to his resume in the Dec. 13 $100,000 Queen's County Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Eleven months after William Beatson Jr.'s Wilzada debuted impressively in an Aqueduct maiden special weight, the daughter of Meadowlake returns as the horse to beat in Wednesday's $75,000-added Interborough.
Wild Snitch powered past the field turning for home to capture the $100,000 Sorority Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Monmouth Park on Sunday before a crowd of 13,332.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas