Upset-minded Balance of Power wore down Pants On Fire and won the $148,500 Philip H. Iselin Stakes (gr. III) with a smart last-to-first rally Aug. 17 at Monmouth Park.
Grupo 7C Racing Stable's Grand Tito took charge at the three-sixteenths pole and held off Midnight Cello and Csaba to win the $100,000 Miami Mile Handicap April 19 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Three-time grade I winner and 2009 champion 3-year-old male Summer Bird had his first confirmed in-foal mare since entering his initial season at stud at Mr. & Mrs. Ben P. Walden Jr.'s Pauls Mill Farm in Versailles.
Shining like a copper penny, Summer Bird officially moved into the last open stall in Paul Mill's stud barn.
A four-man partnership headed by Ben P. Walden Jr. is turning historic Hurricane Hall near Georgetown, Ky., into a major training and stallion operation.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- NYRA Outlines Belmont Traffic-Flow Plan
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Trainer Baffert, on American Pharoah's Breeze
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- Comments to Treasury Jump as Deadline Nears
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win