Ben Nevis II became the third United States-based winner of England's Grand National Steeplechase at Aintree when he captured the historic race in 1980. Better yet, he followed the two previous American winners, Battleship and Jay Trump, into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Trainer Bob Baffert and Silverbulletday, one of the best fillies he trained, along with jockey Eddie Maple and steeplechase trainer Janet Elliot, are among the latest additions to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Renowned Vet John Kenney Dies at 79
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities