Ben Nevis II became the third United States-based winner of England's Grand National Steeplechase at Aintree when he captured the historic race in 1980. Better yet, he followed the two previous American winners, Battleship and Jay Trump, into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Trainer Bob Baffert and Silverbulletday, one of the best fillies he trained, along with jockey Eddie Maple and steeplechase trainer Janet Elliot, are among the latest additions to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill