Ben Nevis II became the third United States-based winner of England's Grand National Steeplechase at Aintree when he captured the historic race in 1980. Better yet, he followed the two previous American winners, Battleship and Jay Trump, into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Trainer Bob Baffert and Silverbulletday, one of the best fillies he trained, along with jockey Eddie Maple and steeplechase trainer Janet Elliot, are among the latest additions to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms