Dissident entered the C. F. Orr Stakes as the horse to beat and emerged from Australia's first top-level race of the season Feb. 14 at Caulfield with his fourth group I triumph.
Trust In A Gust denied multiple group I winner Dissident victory by a flared nostril after a rousing stretch duel in the Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes (Aus-I) Sept. 28 at Caulfield
Group I racing in Australia and New Zealand got under way for the 2014/15 season Aug. 30, with Dissident taking the Memsie Stakes at Caulfield and I Do landing the Makfi Challenge at Hastings.
Smokin' Joey wore down defending winner Platelet with a powerful outside rally and won the Tapestry Wines Goodwood (Aus-I) at 40-1 odds May 10 at Morphettville.
Platelet unleashed a furious rally from far back to win The Distinctive Homes Goodwood Stakes (Aus-I), South Australia's premier sprint, May 11 at Morphettville.
Jockey Ben Melham's decision to stick to the rail with lightly regarded Escado paid dividends with a breakthrough win for his mount in the Aus$500,000 South Australian Derby (Aus-I) May 4 at Morphettville.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky