Dissident entered the C. F. Orr Stakes as the horse to beat and emerged from Australia's first top-level race of the season Feb. 14 at Caulfield with his fourth group I triumph.
Trust In A Gust denied multiple group I winner Dissident victory by a flared nostril after a rousing stretch duel in the Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes (Aus-I) Sept. 28 at Caulfield
Group I racing in Australia and New Zealand got under way for the 2014/15 season Aug. 30, with Dissident taking the Memsie Stakes at Caulfield and I Do landing the Makfi Challenge at Hastings.
Smokin' Joey wore down defending winner Platelet with a powerful outside rally and won the Tapestry Wines Goodwood (Aus-I) at 40-1 odds May 10 at Morphettville.
Platelet unleashed a furious rally from far back to win The Distinctive Homes Goodwood Stakes (Aus-I), South Australia's premier sprint, May 11 at Morphettville.
Jockey Ben Melham's decision to stick to the rail with lightly regarded Escado paid dividends with a breakthrough win for his mount in the Aus$500,000 South Australian Derby (Aus-I) May 4 at Morphettville.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win