Crown Queen, a half sister to champion Royal Delta, earned her first grade I victory with a sparkling late run in the $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Presented by Lane's End (gr. IT) at Keeneland Oct. 11.
The connections of two-time champion Royal Delta have announced that the 5-year-old daughter of Empire Maker has been retired and will be bred to Galileo.
After a powerful victory in the Aug. 25 Personal Ensign (gr. I) at Saratoga, Royal Delta will prepare for $400,000 Beldame Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 28 at Belmont Park.
Looking more powerful than ever, two-time champion Royal Delta tuned up for a possible return trip to the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) with an easy five-length victory in the $98,000 Sabin Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 17 at Gulfstream.
Benjamin Leon Jr. is ready for his international adventure with Royal Delta. The 4-year-old daughter of Empire Maker is scheduled to run in the 17th edition of the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) March 31.
Royal Delta, the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) winner and likely champion 3-year-old female, had her first official work of the year Jan. 10 at Payson Park Training Center in Florida.
Likely Eclipse Award winner Royal Delta (by Empire Maker) was purchased by Ben Leon's Besilu Stables for $8.5 million at the Nov. 8 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
The gross fell 38.3% during the select yearling auction, which had enjoyed upswings in 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury