The Equine Rosie the RIveter
Jockey Ovie Scurlock, who rode in three Kentucky Derbys and rode Coaltown for Calumet Farm and trainer Ben Jones, died earlier this month at 97.
Trainer Ben Jones helped reroute the Derby trail from South Florida to Churchill Downs' winner's circle
The extraordinarily reclusive new owner of this 91-year-old Thoroughbred nursery has revealed little about his plans since purchasing the most public of Lexington properties, but one goal is clear: to breed Triple Crown runners and, hopefully, winners.
Donald H. Divine, a longtime horseman, trainer, and bloodstock consultant, died Feb. 21 at his home in Ocala, Fla.
Cot Campbell tells the tale of how father-son training team Ben and Jimmy Jones got drawn into an "agreement" with notorious gangster Al Capone. read blog
The Kentucky Derby has been won by some of the greatest trainers in the history of the sport. We've listed the 16 who have won more than one Derby. Rank them in order, from first through 16th, and see how your selections stack up.
"Come on six! Stay up three! Get out of there 12! Where's the four? Who's that?" These may sound like the common shouts of an overzealous, exotics-playing railbird, but on Saturday, it just might be something you hear from as esteemed a place as the Churchill Downs box of New York-born trainer Nick Zito.
Will the third time be the charm for Bob Baffert? No other Thoroughbred trainer in history has accomplished what Baffert has in a remarkable six-year span--point three different horses to the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with the Triple Crown on the line.
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., has received a large collection of memorablia from the estate of trainer H.A. "Jimmy" Jones.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Solid Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Belinda Stronach Keynote Speaker at Pan Am Conference
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Sunny Ridge Named New Jersey's 2016 Horse of the Year
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts