Donald H. Divine, a longtime horseman, trainer, and bloodstock consultant, died Feb. 21 at his home in Ocala, Fla.
Cot Campbell tells the tale of how father-son training team Ben and Jimmy Jones got drawn into an "agreement" with notorious gangster Al Capone. read blog
The Kentucky Derby has been won by some of the greatest trainers in the history of the sport. We've listed the 16 who have won more than one Derby. Rank them in order, from first through 16th, and see how your selections stack up.
"Come on six! Stay up three! Get out of there 12! Where's the four? Who's that?" These may sound like the common shouts of an overzealous, exotics-playing railbird, but on Saturday, it just might be something you hear from as esteemed a place as the Churchill Downs box of New York-born trainer Nick Zito.
Will the third time be the charm for Bob Baffert? No other Thoroughbred trainer in history has accomplished what Baffert has in a remarkable six-year span--point three different horses to the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with the Triple Crown on the line.
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., has received a large collection of memorablia from the estate of trainer H.A. "Jimmy" Jones.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- City of Hope Designated Breeder's Cup Charity
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Churchill Downs Commits Money to RMTC
- Venus de Milo, Narniyn Square Off in Nassau