Sam and Jeri Knighton's Request For Parole, winner of the John Battaglia Memorial and fifth in the Kentucky Derby, will not run in the Belmont Stakes, after trainer Steve Margolis discovered the beginnings of a stress fracture in the colt's left front leg.
Most Popular Stories
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente