Two white Thoroughbreds will square off in an allowance race at Belterra Park. the former River Downs, in Ohio May 30.
Pimlico, Santa Anita, Belterra Park, Canterbury, Will Rogers Downs, Prairie Meaadows view slideshow
Palace Malice, Mikki Isle, Five Iron, opening weekend at Belterra Park and more! view slideshow
Belterra Park Gaming & Entertainment Center, the former River Downs, began its first race meet May 8 with official ceremonies and about 3,000 racing fans on hand on a summer-like afternoon.
Belterra Park received its meet approvals from the Ohio State Racing Commission April 29 and is on schedule to begin its 2014 meet May 8.
Growth and new revenue for the Ohio Thoroughbred industry has led to projected increases in breeders' awards and an expanded state-bred stakes schedule for 2014.
Time is running out for Ohio racetracks and horsemen's groups to agree on the percentage of video lottery terminal revenue that will go to purses and breed development programs.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- As Revenue Drops, NY Casinos Get Extra Hours