Beloveda, a half sister to recent Hurricane Bertie (gr. III) winner Golden Mystery, brought the highest price so far at the Feb. 11 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed sale when she was bought for $205,000 by Gainesway.
In step with the trend from recent years, the July 7 Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. I) at Calder Race Course has attracted mostly local horses, highlighted by reigning champion female sprinter Musical Romance.
Arena Elvira looks to extend her winning streak to six races in a row when she faces a solid field of older fillies and mares in the $200,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne Race Course April 21.
Sent off as the 1-10 favorite against five overmatched contenders, E. Paul Robsham Stables' Awesome Maria was a comfortable winner of the $150,000 Rampart (gr. III) March 31 at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund