Total on-track handle at the New York Racing Association's three tracks rose 2% to $374,387,425 in 2014, the second-highest such total over the past six years, NYRA announced March 27.
A New York-themed group of entertainers are scheduled to perform Belmont Stakes Day, June 7, at Belmont Park.
Walter Downey's Fabulous Strike survived lightning-fast fractions to take the True North Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park Saturday over Benny the Bull.
Belmont Day at New York City Off-Track Betting facilities set a record for the highest Belmont Day handle in the corporation's 32-year history. NYCOTB patrons wagered $8,456,289.
Tracks around the country are celebrating Belmont Stakes Day
Most Popular Stories
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- KY-Bred Colts Set for Rematch at Goodwood
- Historical Racing Argued Again in Court