Drosselmeyer wins the Belmont giving trainer Bill Mott his first classic victory.
Last year's Met Mile winner rallies to win the six-furlong grade II race on the Belmont Stakes undercard in 1:09.63.
There are easier spots than the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), but trainer Steve Margolis feels his 3-year-old colt Stay Put is in the right one for the 1 1/2-mile classic June 5.
It pays for a rider know all he can about Belmont's unique, but often notorious turns.
First Dude will have to break sharply and be aggressive early breaking from post 11.
So, whose pedigrees are most geared for the mile and a half of the Belmont Stakes?
Kiaran McLaughlin will saddle Uptowncharlybrown for the first time in the June 5 Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- 'Sensation' Still Questionable For HK Sprint