Drosselmeyer wins the Belmont giving trainer Bill Mott his first classic victory.
Last year's Met Mile winner rallies to win the six-furlong grade II race on the Belmont Stakes undercard in 1:09.63.
There are easier spots than the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), but trainer Steve Margolis feels his 3-year-old colt Stay Put is in the right one for the 1 1/2-mile classic June 5.
It pays for a rider know all he can about Belmont's unique, but often notorious turns.
First Dude will have to break sharply and be aggressive early breaking from post 11.
So, whose pedigrees are most geared for the mile and a half of the Belmont Stakes?
Kiaran McLaughlin will saddle Uptowncharlybrown for the first time in the June 5 Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet