The rail was dead earlier on the July 9 card at Belmont Park, but that didn't stop jockey Joe Bravo from taking the inside path to victory aboard A. P. Indian in the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. III).
Private Zone aced the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship (gr. III) July 4 at Belmont Park, sprinting gate to wire in an easy 3 1/4-length triumph.
Grade I winners The Big Beast and Private Zone will face off in the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Belmont Park.
Evan Hammonds recaps the Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes, won by Clearly Now in track record time, as well as the Suburban Stakes and Los Alamitos Derby. watch video
Clearly Now returned to the winner's circle in blazing fashion July 5, setting a track record for seven furlongs when taking home the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. II) by open lengths at Belmont Park.
Former $20,000 claimer faces the likes of Dads Caps, Salutos Amigos, Central Banker, Declan's Warrior, and Clearly Now in a seven-furlong sprint July 5 in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes