The rail was dead earlier on the July 9 card at Belmont Park, but that didn't stop jockey Joe Bravo from taking the inside path to victory aboard A. P. Indian in the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. III).
Private Zone aced the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship (gr. III) July 4 at Belmont Park, sprinting gate to wire in an easy 3 1/4-length triumph.
Grade I winners The Big Beast and Private Zone will face off in the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. III) July 4 at Belmont Park.
Evan Hammonds recaps the Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes, won by Clearly Now in track record time, as well as the Suburban Stakes and Los Alamitos Derby. watch video
Clearly Now returned to the winner's circle in blazing fashion July 5, setting a track record for seven furlongs when taking home the $400,000 Belmont Sprint Championship Stakes (gr. II) by open lengths at Belmont Park.
Former $20,000 claimer faces the likes of Dads Caps, Salutos Amigos, Central Banker, Declan's Warrior, and Clearly Now in a seven-furlong sprint July 5 in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand