Top Thoroughbred action in New York returns to Belmont Park for the fall meet with 21 graded stakes beginning Sept. 8.
All-source wagering dipped by more than 10% during the Belmont Park fall meet, according to the New York Racing Association, although on-track attendance improved during the 35-day stand.
Belmont Park's fall 33-day meeting concluded with increases in average daily attendance and all sources wagering after subtracting the figures from the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Championships, which was conducted at Belmont Park, to provide a more accurate depiction of business.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates