Top Thoroughbred action in New York returns to Belmont Park for the fall meet with 21 graded stakes beginning Sept. 8.
All-source wagering dipped by more than 10% during the Belmont Park fall meet, according to the New York Racing Association, although on-track attendance improved during the 35-day stand.
Belmont Park's fall 33-day meeting concluded with increases in average daily attendance and all sources wagering after subtracting the figures from the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Championships, which was conducted at Belmont Park, to provide a more accurate depiction of business.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Compromise Possible for Racing in Virginia
- Convictions in Billion-Dollar Bookmaking Case
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing
- Pedigree Analysis: Far From Over
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine