Top Thoroughbred action in New York returns to Belmont Park for the fall meet with 21 graded stakes beginning Sept. 8.
All-source wagering dipped by more than 10% during the Belmont Park fall meet, according to the New York Racing Association, although on-track attendance improved during the 35-day stand.
Belmont Park's fall 33-day meeting concluded with increases in average daily attendance and all sources wagering after subtracting the figures from the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Championships, which was conducted at Belmont Park, to provide a more accurate depiction of business.
Most Popular Stories
- Coalport Convincing Winner of Connally Cup
- Catalog Online for Barretts 2-Year-Old Sale
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback