Top Thoroughbred action in New York returns to Belmont Park for the fall meet with 21 graded stakes beginning Sept. 8.
All-source wagering dipped by more than 10% during the Belmont Park fall meet, according to the New York Racing Association, although on-track attendance improved during the 35-day stand.
Belmont Park's fall 33-day meeting concluded with increases in average daily attendance and all sources wagering after subtracting the figures from the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Championships, which was conducted at Belmont Park, to provide a more accurate depiction of business.
Most Popular Stories
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Flashy American Flies to Sixty Sails Score
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Frac Daddy Powers Home in Ben Ali
- La Verdad Shows Her Heels in Distaff Handicap
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland