Canada's Horse of the Year Catch a Glimpse will face her toughest field since winning last year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. I) in the $1 million Belmont Oaks Invitational (gr. IT) July 9 at Belmont Park.
Undefeated Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. I) winner Lady Eli will headline the $200,000 Wonder Again Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/8 miles May 31 on the inner turf at Belmont Park.
The New York State Gaming Commission and New York Racing Association have announced enhanced security protocols for horses running in the two grade I stakes on the July 5 Stars and Stripes card at Belmont Park.
Ignored by bettors at 18-1, Sea Queen ran down Minorette in the final 70 yards to win the $200,000 Wonder Again Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on the Belmont Park inner turf course May 25.
Some stakes will have new names and larger purses at Belmont Park this year as the New York Racing Association plans several big days of racing at the spring/summer meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate