Jockey Alan Garcia, who had his option of two top Kiaran McLaughlin-trained colts in the $250,000 Futurity at Belmont Park, made the right call when he guided favored Charitable Man to a convincing victory Sept. 13.
Trainers Larry Jones and Kiaran McLauglin each take two shots in the wide open $250,000 Futurity (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at Belmont Park Sept. 13.
Team Valor Stable's King of the Roxy, getting better with experience, notched his first graded stakes victory on Saturday when he held C P West safe for a three-quarter-length victory in the 117th running of Belmont Park's $250,000 Futurity (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at seven furlongs.
Mike McCarty's stalking Private Vow, making his stakes debut, won the $300,000 Futurity (gr. II) at Belmont Park Saturday in a nine-length romp under Jerry Bailey.
Trainer Bob Baffert cleared up the questions surrounding three promising 2-year-old colts Friday when he announced that his flashy Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) winner Roman Ruler would run in the Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) in the track's traditional closing-day feature Wednesday.
The knock on Cuvee is that he has a sprint pedigree, but so far, the longer the distance for the standout chestnut colt, the bigger his margin of victory. The Verne Winchell-bred Carson City colt drew off to win Sunday's $200,000 Belmont Futurity (gr.I) for 2-year-olds by 8 1/4 lengths.
Fabien Ouaki & Patrick L. Biancone's Whywhywhy, the 1 3/4-length winner of Belmont Park's Futurity (gr. I) Sept. 15, worked a bullet five furlongs handily in :59 3/5 at Arlington Park Saturday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November
- Mondialiste Likely for Breeders' Cup Turf