Tuscan Evening, bidding for her ninth win in 13 starts since arriving in the United States last year, faces seven rivals in the $150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf course March 21.
While 3-year-olds take the spotlight at Gulfstream Park Feb. 20, a pair of grade III turf stakes for older horses, the Canadian Turf and the Honey Fox, shape up as outstanding supporting features with large fields.
Diamond Diva, last seen winning the CashCall Mile (gr. IIT) July 5, returns to the Hollywood Park turf course to defend her crown in the $100,000 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on May 2.
Belmont Cat, a fire-breathing New Zealand-bred mare who disappointed her connections in her last start, foiled Bel Air Sizzle and 3-5 favorite Visit in a four-horse blanket finish in the $150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf course March 22.
Bobby Frankel and John Sadler will each send out a pair of fillies and mares in the 42nd edition of the $150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT), a nine-furlong turf test March 22 at Santa Anita.
The multiple graded stakes winner Valbenny lands in a good spot to try to end an eight-race losing streak in the $150,000 San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. II) on the Santa Anita turf Jan. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- 'Maria' Continues to Amaze in Rothschild Win
- Turfdonna Digs Deep for German Oaks Win
- O'Sullevan, 'Voice of Racing', Dies at 97
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Beholder All Class in Easy Hirsch Score
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell