The three-day Inglis Australian Easter broodmare sale concluded April 18 with a half sister to 2012 Emirates Airline Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) winner Monterosso selling for the final day's top price of Aus$180,000 (185,503).
Liberty Rose, a stakes-winning daughter of Royal Academy, brought Aus$155,000 ($102,911 in U.S. funds) Wednesday to top the final session of William Inglis & Son's June weanling and Thoroughbred sale at Oaklands in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks