Golden Ticket, who dead-heated for the victory in the 2012 Travers Stakes at Saratoga and who won last year at Prairie Meadows, returns to Iowa and is the 3-1 morning-line choice in the nine-furlong Cornhusker Handicap.
John Oxley's versatile Uncaptured, who has won on dirt and synthetic surfaces in the U.S. and Canada, heads a field of 10 for the Sept. 2 Smarty Jones Stakes (gr. III) at Parx Racing.
Uncaptured returns to the home of his Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) victory in hopes of also returning to winning ways in the $100,000 Matt Winn Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs June 15.
Magdalena Racing's Bellarmine, winner of an entry-level allowance race for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs May 4, won't compete in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), trainer Ken McPeek said May 7.
Two horses who were unplaced in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), Normandy Invasion and Vyjack, have been added to the list of possible candidates for the May 18 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11