Hard-knocking campaigner Page McKenney hopes to keep alive his streak of finishing in the top three in 21 consecutive races, mostly stakes, when he tops the field for the Native Dancer Stakes at Laurel Park Jan. 2.
Mona Hour's Longacres Mile (gr. III) winner Stryker Phd heads a group of nine entered for the $100,000 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 30 at Golden Gate Fields.
Golden Ticket, who dead-heated for the victory in the 2012 Travers Stakes at Saratoga and who won last year at Prairie Meadows, returns to Iowa and is the 3-1 morning-line choice in the nine-furlong Cornhusker Handicap.
John Oxley's versatile Uncaptured, who has won on dirt and synthetic surfaces in the U.S. and Canada, heads a field of 10 for the Sept. 2 Smarty Jones Stakes (gr. III) at Parx Racing.
Uncaptured returns to the home of his Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) victory in hopes of also returning to winning ways in the $100,000 Matt Winn Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs June 15.
Magdalena Racing's Bellarmine, winner of an entry-level allowance race for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs May 4, won't compete in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), trainer Ken McPeek said May 7.
Two horses who were unplaced in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), Normandy Invasion and Vyjack, have been added to the list of possible candidates for the May 18 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator