Trainer Darrell Vienna's California-bred sprinters Disturbingthepeace and Echo Eddie finished 13th and 17th, respectively, in Sunday's $1.435-million Takamatsunomiya Kinen on the turf at Chukyo racecourse in Japan.
Equaling the famous haul of three wins in the Hong Kong International Races last year might be a tall order, but the connections of the quintet of Japanese contenders for this year's Hong Kong races are more than hopeful of at least one race going for export across the East China Sea.
The Sunday Silence-sired filly Believe extended her winning streak to four and notched her first grade I win with a victory in the $1,464,131 Sprinters Stakes at Niigata Racecourse Sept. 29.
The Sunday Silence-sired filly Believe extended her winning streak to four and notched her first grade I win with a victory in the Sprinters Stakes at Niigata Racecourse Sept. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine