Evan Hammonds reviews the plethora of big races from the weekend. Ron the Greek, Beholder, Princess of Sylmar, Mucho Macho Man and many more! watch video
Princess of Sylmar, facing older foes for the first time, sprung a mild upset Sept. 28 when the 3-year-old filly collared two-time champion Royal Delta and went on to win the $400,000 Beldame Invitational Stakes (gr. I).
Champion Royal Delta looks to defend her status as the racing world's star female against the brilliant 3-year-old Princess of Sylmar Sept. 28 in the $400,000 Beldame (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Royal Delta blew It's Tricky away in the $400,000 Beldame Invitational (gr. I) at Belmont Park Sept. 29, drawing off to a 9 1/2-length victory under wraps.
Royal Delta and It's Tricky look to recover from an Aug. 26 Personal Ensign (gr. I) upset and eye year-end honors when they meet for a fifth time Sept. 29 in the $400,000 Beldame Invitational (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Trainer Bill Mott, speaking Sept. 16, confirmed Royal Delta for the Beldame Invitational (gr. I) and said To Honor and Serve could compete in the Kelso Handicap (gr. II) after the pair posted separate breezes at Belmont
Havre de Grace made a decisive case for favoritism in next month's Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), as she annihilated Royal Delta and three others in the $350,000 Beldame Invitational (gr. I) Oct. 1 at muddy Belmont Park.
Royal Delta will run into Havre de Grace when she faces older horses for the first time in the $350,000 Beldame Invitational (gr. I) Oct. 1 at Belmont Park.
The top older female worked the fastest out of 39 other horses at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- NY Tracks Awarded Extended VLT Hours