Top Australian racehorse Black Caviar came halfway around the world and proved herself on the international stage June 23, remaining unbeaten in 22 starts with a victory in the Diamond Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot.
The excitement of seeing two magnificent racing fillies win the two $1 million races at the Magic Millions race day on the Gold Coast Jan. 13 stole much of the excitement out of the crowd. As day three of the sale wound down, the best was bought for $625,000 by Katsumi Yoshida.
Saturday's $3 million Cox Plate in Australia will be the most important race in the career of the celebrated super mare, Sunline, her jockey, Greg Childs, says.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees