Behkabad provided his connections with a memorable Bastille Day when he repelled the late charge of Planteur to capture the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) at Longchamp July 14.
Westerner proved to be the class of the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at Longchamp Sunday, clearing off in the straight and winning in a canter to give rider Stephane Pasquier his first group I victory.
Ecurie Wildenstein's homebred Westerner, ridden by Dominique Boeuf, unleashed a powerful run down the straight to win the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at soggy Longchamp Sunday by 2 1/2 lengths over outsider Alcazar.
Ecurie Chalhoub's Special Kaldoun turned in an impressive performance Saturday to win the Prix Daniel Wildenstein Casino Barriere de La Rochelle (Fr-II) at muddy Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining