Behkabad provided his connections with a memorable Bastille Day when he repelled the late charge of Planteur to capture the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) at Longchamp July 14.
Westerner proved to be the class of the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at Longchamp Sunday, clearing off in the straight and winning in a canter to give rider Stephane Pasquier his first group I victory.
Ecurie Wildenstein's homebred Westerner, ridden by Dominique Boeuf, unleashed a powerful run down the straight to win the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I) at soggy Longchamp Sunday by 2 1/2 lengths over outsider Alcazar.
Ecurie Chalhoub's Special Kaldoun turned in an impressive performance Saturday to win the Prix Daniel Wildenstein Casino Barriere de La Rochelle (Fr-II) at muddy Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- March Into Amsterdam Off Two Stakes Victories
- Record Derby Week Keys Strong CDI Performance
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- Xtra Heat Halter to be Auctioned
- Rock Fall Looks to Step Up in Vanderbilt