One of the favorite memories evoked around bucolic Mill Ridge Farm is the tale of Begum, a daughter from the first crop of the legendary Alydar who was given a chance by the farm's founder Alice Chandler to overcome odds previously not tackled.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Roshani is one of only three graded stakes winners produced by crossing a sire from the Nijinsky II line with daughters of Deputy Minister. Clearly, Roshani inherited the best from the paternal and maternal sides of her pedigree. The daughter of Fantastic Light was sold for $135,000 as a racing/broodmare prospect at the 2007 Keeneland January mixed sale. She has now earned $320,550.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Berth for Birdie Gold
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita