The champion filly Smuggler made no impact in her first start in nine months when Magnolia Jackson dug in to defeat Grecian Lover by a neck in the $155,400 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Saturday.
Phipps Stable's Pleasant Home put away the leaders at the eighth pole and drew away to a 5 1/4-length win in her stakes debut, the $153,200 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares Saturday at foggy Aqueduct.
Bank Audit will be looking to keep her two-race win streak in tact when she takes the gate for Saturday's $150,000 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Buy the Sport was a major league surprise winning last summer's prestigious Gazelle (gr. I) at Belmont Park at odds of 48-1. Saturday, she makes her 4-year-old debut in Aqueduct's Bed O' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III), which drew three other grade I winners.
Edward P. Evan's Raging Fever used her dominating speed to its best advantage in winning Saturday's $155,100 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) by a half-length over a game Smok'n Frolic at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Slimmed Down Racing May Be Finding Its Footing