The champion filly Smuggler made no impact in her first start in nine months when Magnolia Jackson dug in to defeat Grecian Lover by a neck in the $155,400 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Saturday.
Phipps Stable's Pleasant Home put away the leaders at the eighth pole and drew away to a 5 1/4-length win in her stakes debut, the $153,200 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares Saturday at foggy Aqueduct.
Bank Audit will be looking to keep her two-race win streak in tact when she takes the gate for Saturday's $150,000 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Buy the Sport was a major league surprise winning last summer's prestigious Gazelle (gr. I) at Belmont Park at odds of 48-1. Saturday, she makes her 4-year-old debut in Aqueduct's Bed O' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III), which drew three other grade I winners.
Edward P. Evan's Raging Fever used her dominating speed to its best advantage in winning Saturday's $155,100 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) by a half-length over a game Smok'n Frolic at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Hangover Kid Strikes Late in Bowling Green
- Filly Fly By Night Captures Mercury Sprint