The champion filly Smuggler made no impact in her first start in nine months when Magnolia Jackson dug in to defeat Grecian Lover by a neck in the $155,400 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Saturday.
Phipps Stable's Pleasant Home put away the leaders at the eighth pole and drew away to a 5 1/4-length win in her stakes debut, the $153,200 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares Saturday at foggy Aqueduct.
Bank Audit will be looking to keep her two-race win streak in tact when she takes the gate for Saturday's $150,000 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Buy the Sport was a major league surprise winning last summer's prestigious Gazelle (gr. I) at Belmont Park at odds of 48-1. Saturday, she makes her 4-year-old debut in Aqueduct's Bed O' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III), which drew three other grade I winners.
Edward P. Evan's Raging Fever used her dominating speed to its best advantage in winning Saturday's $155,100 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) by a half-length over a game Smok'n Frolic at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Kingman vs. Toronado at Glorious Goodwood
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern