Fly by Phil, a 23-1 longshot making his stakes debut, got the graded stakes season off to a rousing start when he ran down odds-on favorite Lost Aptitude in the final jump to win the $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT).
Becky's Kitten, who has never before raced at 1 1/8 miles, will attempt to follow in the footsteps of his sire, Kitten's Joy, with a win in the Jan. 1 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course.
Kera's Kitten, one of three horses entered in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) for owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey, has been scratched from the Nov. 7 World Championships card to make room for another of the couple's entrants.
As expected, Wertheimer and Frere's homebred Interactif was made the favorite for the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT). The son of Broken Vow, 4-1 on the morning-line, will face 11 rivals in the one-mile race Nov. 7 at Santa Anita.
Wertheimer and Frere's impressive homebred Interactif will be the likely favorite for the $1-million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) Nov. 7 at Santa Anita, but the son of Broken Vow will have to defeat what is expected to be a full field in the one-mile event.
Bridgetown surged past favored Stormy Lord in the stretch and held sway to win the $286,891 Summer Stakes (Can-IIIT) on the Woodbine lawn Sept. 19, locking up a berth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf with the victory.
Two-year-olds on the turf take the spotlight at Woodbine Sept. 19 when Canada's important weekend of racing starts off with the Summer and Natalma (both Can-IIIT) stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner