The final day of Newmarket's Cambridgeshire Festival Sept. 29 is anchored by a pair of group I races and a group II event that kick-starts a new points-based system to determine the field for the 2013 Kentucky Derby.
Valyra, part of a three-horse entry owned by the Aga Khan, got up in the final strides to capture the Prix de Diane-Longines (French Oaks, Fr-I) by three-quarters of a length at Chantilly June 17.
Beauty Parlour justified her favoritism when she held off the challenge of Up to win the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (French One Thousand Guineas, Fr-I) at Longchamp May 13.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31