Peter Brant continued his return to Thoroughbred breeding and racing in a big way Nov. 18, with his White Birch Farm going to €1.6 million (US$1,700,639) to purchase Beauty Parlour at the Goffs November breeding stock sale.
Irish sales company Goffs is to handle Wildenstein Stables' dispersal of 110 horses, to be offered by The Castlebridge Consignment during the Goffs Orby and November sales.
The final day of Newmarket's Cambridgeshire Festival Sept. 29 is anchored by a pair of group I races and a group II event that kick-starts a new points-based system to determine the field for the 2013 Kentucky Derby.
Valyra, part of a three-horse entry owned by the Aga Khan, got up in the final strides to capture the Prix de Diane-Longines (French Oaks, Fr-I) by three-quarters of a length at Chantilly June 17.
Beauty Parlour justified her favoritism when she held off the challenge of Up to win the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (French One Thousand Guineas, Fr-I) at Longchamp May 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf