The final day of Newmarket's Cambridgeshire Festival Sept. 29 is anchored by a pair of group I races and a group II event that kick-starts a new points-based system to determine the field for the 2013 Kentucky Derby.
Valyra, part of a three-horse entry owned by the Aga Khan, got up in the final strides to capture the Prix de Diane-Longines (French Oaks, Fr-I) by three-quarters of a length at Chantilly June 17.
Beauty Parlour justified her favoritism when she held off the challenge of Up to win the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (French One Thousand Guineas, Fr-I) at Longchamp May 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Castellano Sets North American Earnings Mark
- Honor Code: A.P. Indy's Last Derby Hope
- Flat Out to Enter Stud at Spendthrift Farm
- Moment of the Year Voting Now Open
- Novak at the Track: Road to Derby Retrospect
- After Market Purchased to Stand in Turkey
- Shy's Aly Scores for Sire Too Shy Will Fly
- Turfway to Increase Stakes, Allowance Purses
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays
- Barretts January Sale Catalog Now Online