Advertising in the early editions for the most part involved stallions promoted via in stark formats. There were 3 1/2 pages of advertising in the eight-page February 1917 number.
Robert Green, who managed Elmendorf Farm and Greentree Farm and who guided the careers of numerous top stallions, died Nov. 20 in Mount Sterling, Ky.
Blood-Horse Publications announces the acquisition of a new 46,000 square-foot building, located at 3101 Beaumont Centre Circle on land that was originally part of the historic 4,000-acre Beaumont Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double