Trainers Jeff Runco and James Casey and Charles Town Race Track emerged the big winners of the Oct. 8 West Virginia Classics, nine stakes races with total purses exceeding $1.1 million for horses bred in West Virginia.
On Eagles Wings was represented by his first winner Aug. 25 as Roy's Eagle posted an impressive 5 1/2-length victory in the first race at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, a maiden special weight for juvenile fillies.
Endeavouring, a 4-year-old half-brother to grade I winner Came Home, will enter stud for $500 live foal at Cyndy O'Bannon's Beau Ridge Farm near Bunker Hill, W.Va.
Stakes-placed Arromanches, a 31-time winner who was nicknamed the "Gray Win Machine" in New York, will stand at Cyndy O'Bannon's Beau Ridge Farm near Bunker Hill, W.Va.
West Virginia stallion Northern Wolf died May 19 of a heart attack while covering a mare at John McKee and Cindy O'Bannon's Beau Ridge Farm near Bunker Hill.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap