Trainers Jeff Runco and James Casey and Charles Town Race Track emerged the big winners of the Oct. 8 West Virginia Classics, nine stakes races with total purses exceeding $1.1 million for horses bred in West Virginia.
On Eagles Wings was represented by his first winner Aug. 25 as Roy's Eagle posted an impressive 5 1/2-length victory in the first race at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, a maiden special weight for juvenile fillies.
Endeavouring, a 4-year-old half-brother to grade I winner Came Home, will enter stud for $500 live foal at Cyndy O'Bannon's Beau Ridge Farm near Bunker Hill, W.Va.
Stakes-placed Arromanches, a 31-time winner who was nicknamed the "Gray Win Machine" in New York, will stand at Cyndy O'Bannon's Beau Ridge Farm near Bunker Hill, W.Va.
West Virginia stallion Northern Wolf died May 19 of a heart attack while covering a mare at John McKee and Cindy O'Bannon's Beau Ridge Farm near Bunker Hill.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West at Barretts
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely