As recently as May 4, Eddie Plesa Jr. announced that Hey Byrn would be headed to the $300,000 Ohio Derby (gr. II) at Thistledown.
B.B. Best won the rubber-match in the $400,000 In Reality Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes for 2-year-olds by 1 3/4 lengths on Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Ultra-consistent Best of the Rest, ridden by Eibar Coa, defeated pace-making Booklet and a late-charging Grey Memo by 1 1/2 length Saturday in the $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park.
Frank Stronach's classic-winning Red Bullet worked toward his anticipated start in next month's Donn Handicap (gr. I) Wednesday morning, getting five furlongs in 1:03, breezing. In other news, Mongoose, who defeated Monarchos last weekend, may get a start in the Donn; and Beatrice Oxenberg's Best of the Rest, prepares for Gulfstream Park's signature race for older horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races