As recently as May 4, Eddie Plesa Jr. announced that Hey Byrn would be headed to the $300,000 Ohio Derby (gr. II) at Thistledown.
B.B. Best won the rubber-match in the $400,000 In Reality Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes for 2-year-olds by 1 3/4 lengths on Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Ultra-consistent Best of the Rest, ridden by Eibar Coa, defeated pace-making Booklet and a late-charging Grey Memo by 1 1/2 length Saturday in the $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park.
Frank Stronach's classic-winning Red Bullet worked toward his anticipated start in next month's Donn Handicap (gr. I) Wednesday morning, getting five furlongs in 1:03, breezing. In other news, Mongoose, who defeated Monarchos last weekend, may get a start in the Donn; and Beatrice Oxenberg's Best of the Rest, prepares for Gulfstream Park's signature race for older horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity