Hong Kong group I winner Rulership and dual Japanese classic winner Gold Ship look to be the early favorites for the Arima Kinen (Grand Prix) (Jpn-I), the Japan's biggest race and its season finale, on Dec. 22.
When the 17 horses enter the starting gate at Tokyo Racecourse Nov. 25 for the 32nd Japan Cup (Jpn-I), nearly every one of them will bring North American bloodlines to the task.
Longshot Beat Black defeated a powerful field that included 2011 Horse of the Year and Triple Crown winner Orfevre in the marathon $3.4 million Tenno Sho Spring (Jpn-I) at Japan's Kyoto Racecourse April 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends