Hong Kong group I winner Rulership and dual Japanese classic winner Gold Ship look to be the early favorites for the Arima Kinen (Grand Prix) (Jpn-I), the Japan's biggest race and its season finale, on Dec. 22.
When the 17 horses enter the starting gate at Tokyo Racecourse Nov. 25 for the 32nd Japan Cup (Jpn-I), nearly every one of them will bring North American bloodlines to the task.
Longshot Beat Black defeated a powerful field that included 2011 Horse of the Year and Triple Crown winner Orfevre in the marathon $3.4 million Tenno Sho Spring (Jpn-I) at Japan's Kyoto Racecourse April 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Gunnevera Draws Outside for Florida Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Kentucky Horse Park to Celebrate Man 'o War
- Spiral Stakes Provides Road to the Derby Option