Asserting Bear, shifted from turf to Polytrack for the first time by trainer Reade Baker, surprised the field with his initial stakes win in the $239,476 Coronation Futurity for 2-year-olds Nov. 17 at Woodbine.
John Burness' Colebrook Farms near Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada, has added Not Bourbon, Bear's Kid, and Nonios to its stallion roster for 2014.
Bear's Kid, a grade II-winning son of Lemon Drop Kid, will stand at Colebrook Farms in Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada, beginning in 2014, the farm announced Oct. 9.
Multiple stakes winners Sky Conqueror and Jambalaya headline the $300,000 King Edward Breeders' Cup Turf Stakes (Can-II)Monday at Woodbine.
Outsider Bear's Kid got loose on the front end and ran to victory in the $241,199 Summer Stakes (Can-II) for 2-year-olds going a mile on a soft turf Sunday at Woodbine.
The $283,500 Summer Stakes (Can-II) has attracted nine 2-year-olds, six of whom are ship-ins to Woodbine for the one-mile turf event.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day