Three-year-old champion Shillelagh Slew will take on two-time sprint champion Judiths Wild Rush in Saturday's $150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Malakoff is Queen's Plate bound after dominating four rivals in Saturday's $150,000 Marine Stakes (Can-III) Saturday at Woodbine.
Bear Character, one of Woodbine's top American-bred 3-year-olds, takes on four rivals in Saturday's $150,000 Marine Stakes (Can-III) on the Toronto track.
Lael Stables could have two undefeated colts for the 2006 Run for the Roses after the inexperienced Showing Up passed his audition with a game win in the $325,000 Coolmore Lexington (gr. II) at Keeneland Saturday.
Peachtree Stable's High Cotton, a disappointment in his comeback race last month for trainer Todd Pletcher, led all the way to defeat 11 rivals in the $100,000 Rushaway for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park Saturday.
Todd Pletcher needs Peachtree Stable's High Cotton, likely favorite in the $100,000 Rushaway for 3-year-olds, to regain his juvenile form Saturday at Turfway Park on the Lane's End undercard.
A dozen promising 3-year-olds will line up for the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs at Gulfstream Park, a race won last year by California invader Lost in the Fog.
Trainer H. Graham Motion hopes to get his Breeders' Cup weekend off to a strong start when he sends Donald Adams' Express News out to tackle a talented group of juveniles in the $100,000 Nashua (gr. III) at one mile at Belmont Park Friday.
Owner Bear Stables Ltd. notched its second juvenile stakes victory in as many weekends at Woodbine on Sunday when Bear Character upset in the $132,750 Swynford Stakes at seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes