Duke of Homberg shook free in the homestretch under jockey Alan Garcia to capture the $125,000 Hallandale Beach Stakes on the Gulfstream Park turf for his first American win in four starts Feb. 14.
Dogwood Stable's Lime Rickey and Char Mari Stable's Beacon Hill Road finished second and third in the Dania Beach Stakes, respectively, going one mile on turf at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 17, and the two 3-year-olds meet again in the $125,000 Hallandale Beach Stakes on Feb. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Hard Not to Like Seeks Fourth Grade I
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move
- Mobile Bay Just Up in Zia Park Derby
- Favorite Tale Easy Fabulous Strike Winner
- Sharla Rae Takes on Males in Hollywood Derby
- Airoforce Tries Dirt in Kentucky Jockey Club
- Commissioner Heads Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Andreya's Reward Shifts to Dirt for Hut Hut