Runner-up in the same race last year, Hill Fifty Four conquered a high-class field in Cape Town's most famous and fashionable horse race.
South Africa's Beach Beauty, winner of the Maine Chance Farms Paddock Stakes (SAf-I) and Capetown Noir, who captured the L'Ormarins Queen's Plate (SAf-I) at Kenilworth Jan. 11, earned starting berths in the Breeders' Cup.
South Africa's reigning Horse of the Year claimed his second group I victory of the year in the Rising Sun Gold Challenge.
Martial Eagle caused an 75-1 upset in landing Cape Town's premier race, the J&B Met (SAf-1) at Kenilworth Racecourse on Feb. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Espinoza Back for More in Kentucky Derby