There's a certain feeling of deja vu around Barn 38 on the backstretch of Santa Anita Park. If Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas and owner Tom VanMeter II have the funny feeling they've been here before, they're right.
Dual grade I winner Stardom Bound heads an accomplished field of nicely-matched fillies set for the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
This year's rendition of the Bessemer Trust Juvenile Fillies is long on local-grown talent in the form of Stardom Bound.
Kelly Colliver's Dream Express took over at the top of the lane and powered to a dominating 4 1/4-length score in the $500,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) Oct. 3 on the Keneland Polytrack. The 2-year-old Bernstein filly earned her first graded stakes win while notching a berth in the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) later this month at Santa Anita.
Mani Bhavan, a clear-cut winner of the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga last time out, cuts an imposing figure over a cast of six other 2-year-old fillies entered for the $500,000 Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 3 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity