There's a certain feeling of deja vu around Barn 38 on the backstretch of Santa Anita Park. If Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas and owner Tom VanMeter II have the funny feeling they've been here before, they're right.
Dual grade I winner Stardom Bound heads an accomplished field of nicely-matched fillies set for the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
This year's rendition of the Bessemer Trust Juvenile Fillies is long on local-grown talent in the form of Stardom Bound.
Kelly Colliver's Dream Express took over at the top of the lane and powered to a dominating 4 1/4-length score in the $500,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) Oct. 3 on the Keneland Polytrack. The 2-year-old Bernstein filly earned her first graded stakes win while notching a berth in the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) later this month at Santa Anita.
Mani Bhavan, a clear-cut winner of the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga last time out, cuts an imposing figure over a cast of six other 2-year-old fillies entered for the $500,000 Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 3 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory