Penn National Gaming will pay a $1 million settlement to a Las Vegas casino company that was suing over the casino rights to Charles Town Races.
A Nevada court on Jan. 25 dismissed a lawsuit that attempted to label Charles Town Races as a casino and force racetrack owner Penn National Gaming to pay a management fee to a previous owner of the track. The suit, which was filed by Showboat Development, was dismissed on the grounds that case should be heard in West Virginia, where the track is located.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint