Penn National Gaming will pay a $1 million settlement to a Las Vegas casino company that was suing over the casino rights to Charles Town Races.
A Nevada court on Jan. 25 dismissed a lawsuit that attempted to label Charles Town Races as a casino and force racetrack owner Penn National Gaming to pay a management fee to a previous owner of the track. The suit, which was filed by Showboat Development, was dismissed on the grounds that case should be heard in West Virginia, where the track is located.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- War Front's Mosler to Country Life Farm
- Not This Time Works at Churchill Downs