Penn National Gaming will pay a $1 million settlement to a Las Vegas casino company that was suing over the casino rights to Charles Town Races.
A Nevada court on Jan. 25 dismissed a lawsuit that attempted to label Charles Town Races as a casino and force racetrack owner Penn National Gaming to pay a management fee to a previous owner of the track. The suit, which was filed by Showboat Development, was dismissed on the grounds that case should be heard in West Virginia, where the track is located.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Sells for $600,000
- Medaglia d’Oro Colt Tops F-T Midlantic Opener
- The Ex Terminator