Libby Loftus of New York balances her commodities business with a keen interest in Thoroughbred racing and involvement with charities such as the Belmont Child Care Association.
The New York Racing Association is donating 45 trees -- and the space to plant them -- to the Belmont Child Care Association to help raise funds for Anna House, Belmont Park's on-track early education center.
- By Vic Zast
BCCA fundraiser and Prescott Brown purse highlight the meet's second to last Wednesday read blog
The Belmont Child Care Association (BCCA) raised $250,000 for childcare center Anna House at its annual dinner/auction fundraiser at The Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs. N.Y.
Argent Mortgage Company, presenting sponsor of Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), will share the winning spirit throughout the day's 13-race card with a $1,000 donation to the Belmont Child Care Association on behalf of the winner of each of the day's races.
The Belmont Child Care Association is soliciting donations of stallion seasons for an online auction to be held March 26-30. All of the money bid will benefit Anna House, a BCCA childcare center at Belmont Park established for the working families of New York racing.
Thoroughlybred.com has offered its Web site for farms and owners to list stallion seasons to benefit the The Belmont Child Care Association.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby