Much the best in the British Columbia Derby (Can-III) last time out, Alert Bay steps in against older horses for the first time in the $100,000 British Columbia Premier's Handicap (Can-III) Oct. 13 at Hastings Racecourse.
Commander defended his title in the British Columbia Premier's Stakes (Can-III) while Madeira Park secured the first graded stakes win in her career in the Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) Oct. 14 at Hastings Racecourse.
Two grade III stakes at Hastings Racecourse, the Ballerina and British Columbia Premier's Handicap, highlight the Columbus Day holiday program at the Vancouver, B.C. track Oct. 8.
There will be 42 graded races in Canada in 2012, up from 37 last year, The Jockey Club of Canada's Graded Stakes Committee announced Jan. 25 following its annual review.
Orchid's Silver, sent off at 26-1 odds, came from off the pace to nip favored Class Included in the $100,000 Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) on the closing day of the Hastings Racecourse season Oct. 2 in Vancouver, B.C.
The final day of the 2011 Hastings Racecourse season Oct. 2 features full fields for two of the biggest events of the meet: the $100,000 Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) and the $100,000 British Columbia Premiers Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- The Week in Photos for 1/27/2015
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- WGOH: Avoiding the Nuclear Option
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages