Germany's premier yearling sale -- held by BBAG at Baden-Baden over two days -- ended Sept. 4 with substantial declines despite a much expanded catalogue.
Germany's premier yearling sale, held by BBAG at Baden-Baden over two days, ended Sept. 4 with substantial declines despite a much expanded catalogue.
A Monsun colt sold for 480,000 euros (approximately $694,522) to top the opening session of the BBAG yearling auction Sept. 3 in Baden-Baden, Germany. Rudger Alles, acting on behalf of Baron von Ullmann, bought the colt, which is out of the multiple-stakes-producing Canadian-bred mare Dawn Side, who raced in the U.S.
- By Mark Popham
The 2008 BBAG Yearling Sale in Baden-Baden, Germany, saw 480,000 euros paid by agent Rudger Alles acting on behalf of Baron von Ullmann for a Monsun colt.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T