Germany's premier yearling sale -- held by BBAG at Baden-Baden over two days -- ended Sept. 4 with substantial declines despite a much expanded catalogue.
Germany's premier yearling sale, held by BBAG at Baden-Baden over two days, ended Sept. 4 with substantial declines despite a much expanded catalogue.
A Monsun colt sold for 480,000 euros (approximately $694,522) to top the opening session of the BBAG yearling auction Sept. 3 in Baden-Baden, Germany. Rudger Alles, acting on behalf of Baron von Ullmann, bought the colt, which is out of the multiple-stakes-producing Canadian-bred mare Dawn Side, who raced in the U.S.
- By Mark Popham
The 2008 BBAG Yearling Sale in Baden-Baden, Germany, saw 480,000 euros paid by agent Rudger Alles acting on behalf of Baron von Ullmann for a Monsun colt.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage