Germany's premier yearling sale -- held by BBAG at Baden-Baden over two days -- ended Sept. 4 with substantial declines despite a much expanded catalogue.
Germany's premier yearling sale, held by BBAG at Baden-Baden over two days, ended Sept. 4 with substantial declines despite a much expanded catalogue.
A Monsun colt sold for 480,000 euros (approximately $694,522) to top the opening session of the BBAG yearling auction Sept. 3 in Baden-Baden, Germany. Rudger Alles, acting on behalf of Baron von Ullmann, bought the colt, which is out of the multiple-stakes-producing Canadian-bred mare Dawn Side, who raced in the U.S.
- By Mark Popham
The 2008 BBAG Yearling Sale in Baden-Baden, Germany, saw 480,000 euros paid by agent Rudger Alles acting on behalf of Baron von Ullmann for a Monsun colt.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby