Germany's premier yearling sale -- held by BBAG at Baden-Baden over two days -- ended Sept. 4 with substantial declines despite a much expanded catalogue.
Germany's premier yearling sale, held by BBAG at Baden-Baden over two days, ended Sept. 4 with substantial declines despite a much expanded catalogue.
A Monsun colt sold for 480,000 euros (approximately $694,522) to top the opening session of the BBAG yearling auction Sept. 3 in Baden-Baden, Germany. Rudger Alles, acting on behalf of Baron von Ullmann, bought the colt, which is out of the multiple-stakes-producing Canadian-bred mare Dawn Side, who raced in the U.S.
- By Mark Popham
The 2008 BBAG Yearling Sale in Baden-Baden, Germany, saw 480,000 euros paid by agent Rudger Alles acting on behalf of Baron von Ullmann for a Monsun colt.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier