The Dec. 6 barrier draw provided a little added intrigue for the Longines Hong Kong International races, particularly in the $2.8 million Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), where top-rated Cirrus des Aigles drew well.
The Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) Oct. 7 at Longchamp attracted a large and competitive field of 18, headed by reigning Japanese Horse of the Year Orfevre and mutliple European classic winner Camelot.
The Aga Khan's Bayrir, winner of three of four previous races including a group II stakes in France, rallied late to win the $500,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) for 3-year-olds at Arlington Park Aug. 18.
Trainer Dale Romans will saddle three in the Aug. 18 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington Park, including streaking turf runner Silver Max.
Most Popular Stories
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Saratoga to Hold 'Low Roller' Tourney Monday
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- EquiLottery Touts Horsemen Group's Support
- Next Year's OBSC March to be Open Format
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Daddy Does Best
- Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays