The Dec. 6 barrier draw provided a little added intrigue for the Longines Hong Kong International races, particularly in the $2.8 million Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), where top-rated Cirrus des Aigles drew well.
The Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) Oct. 7 at Longchamp attracted a large and competitive field of 18, headed by reigning Japanese Horse of the Year Orfevre and mutliple European classic winner Camelot.
The Aga Khan's Bayrir, winner of three of four previous races including a group II stakes in France, rallied late to win the $500,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) for 3-year-olds at Arlington Park Aug. 18.
Trainer Dale Romans will saddle three in the Aug. 18 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington Park, including streaking turf runner Silver Max.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager