The Dec. 6 barrier draw provided a little added intrigue for the Longines Hong Kong International races, particularly in the $2.8 million Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), where top-rated Cirrus des Aigles drew well.
The Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) Oct. 7 at Longchamp attracted a large and competitive field of 18, headed by reigning Japanese Horse of the Year Orfevre and mutliple European classic winner Camelot.
The Aga Khan's Bayrir, winner of three of four previous races including a group II stakes in France, rallied late to win the $500,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) for 3-year-olds at Arlington Park Aug. 18.
Trainer Dale Romans will saddle three in the Aug. 18 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington Park, including streaking turf runner Silver Max.
Most Popular Stories
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown