The Dec. 6 barrier draw provided a little added intrigue for the Longines Hong Kong International races, particularly in the $2.8 million Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), where top-rated Cirrus des Aigles drew well.
The Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) Oct. 7 at Longchamp attracted a large and competitive field of 18, headed by reigning Japanese Horse of the Year Orfevre and mutliple European classic winner Camelot.
The Aga Khan's Bayrir, winner of three of four previous races including a group II stakes in France, rallied late to win the $500,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) for 3-year-olds at Arlington Park Aug. 18.
Trainer Dale Romans will saddle three in the Aug. 18 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington Park, including streaking turf runner Silver Max.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis