The Dec. 6 barrier draw provided a little added intrigue for the Longines Hong Kong International races, particularly in the $2.8 million Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I), where top-rated Cirrus des Aigles drew well.
The Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) Oct. 7 at Longchamp attracted a large and competitive field of 18, headed by reigning Japanese Horse of the Year Orfevre and mutliple European classic winner Camelot.
The Aga Khan's Bayrir, winner of three of four previous races including a group II stakes in France, rallied late to win the $500,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) for 3-year-olds at Arlington Park Aug. 18.
Trainer Dale Romans will saddle three in the Aug. 18 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington Park, including streaking turf runner Silver Max.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Presque Isle Alters Post Time to Combat Deer
- Tough Field Drawn for Penny Memorial at Parx
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details