A field that could number as many as nine or 10 is beginning to take shape for the 62nd running of the grade II, $250,000 San Diego Handicap Sunday at 1 1/16 miles on Del Mar's main track.
Stonerside Stable's 3-year-old homebred Congaree earned his first grade I stakes victory in his third attempt, winning Sunday's paceless renewal of the $500,000 Swaps Stakes by four lengths at Hollywood Park.
Six 3-year-olds, including Kentucky Derby veterans Congaree and Jamaican Rum, have been entered for Sunday's $500,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Until Sundown held off Top Hit in the stretch to earn a neck-length victory in Sunday's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap. The win marks the first graded stakes victory for both Until Sundown and trainer Laura De Seroux.
Trainer David Hofmans said Monday that Millennium Wind is recovering well from injuries sustained in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and remains pointed toward the $500,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn