A field that could number as many as nine or 10 is beginning to take shape for the 62nd running of the grade II, $250,000 San Diego Handicap Sunday at 1 1/16 miles on Del Mar's main track.
Stonerside Stable's 3-year-old homebred Congaree earned his first grade I stakes victory in his third attempt, winning Sunday's paceless renewal of the $500,000 Swaps Stakes by four lengths at Hollywood Park.
Six 3-year-olds, including Kentucky Derby veterans Congaree and Jamaican Rum, have been entered for Sunday's $500,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Until Sundown held off Top Hit in the stretch to earn a neck-length victory in Sunday's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap. The win marks the first graded stakes victory for both Until Sundown and trainer Laura De Seroux.
Trainer David Hofmans said Monday that Millennium Wind is recovering well from injuries sustained in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and remains pointed toward the $500,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic