A field that could number as many as nine or 10 is beginning to take shape for the 62nd running of the grade II, $250,000 San Diego Handicap Sunday at 1 1/16 miles on Del Mar's main track.
Stonerside Stable's 3-year-old homebred Congaree earned his first grade I stakes victory in his third attempt, winning Sunday's paceless renewal of the $500,000 Swaps Stakes by four lengths at Hollywood Park.
Six 3-year-olds, including Kentucky Derby veterans Congaree and Jamaican Rum, have been entered for Sunday's $500,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Until Sundown held off Top Hit in the stretch to earn a neck-length victory in Sunday's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap. The win marks the first graded stakes victory for both Until Sundown and trainer Laura De Seroux.
Trainer David Hofmans said Monday that Millennium Wind is recovering well from injuries sustained in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and remains pointed toward the $500,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- Coltimus Prime Versus Ami's Holiday Again
- TVG Sweepstakes Offers Melbourne Cup Trip
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion