A field that could number as many as nine or 10 is beginning to take shape for the 62nd running of the grade II, $250,000 San Diego Handicap Sunday at 1 1/16 miles on Del Mar's main track.
Stonerside Stable's 3-year-old homebred Congaree earned his first grade I stakes victory in his third attempt, winning Sunday's paceless renewal of the $500,000 Swaps Stakes by four lengths at Hollywood Park.
Six 3-year-olds, including Kentucky Derby veterans Congaree and Jamaican Rum, have been entered for Sunday's $500,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Until Sundown held off Top Hit in the stretch to earn a neck-length victory in Sunday's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap. The win marks the first graded stakes victory for both Until Sundown and trainer Laura De Seroux.
Trainer David Hofmans said Monday that Millennium Wind is recovering well from injuries sustained in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and remains pointed toward the $500,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- BH 100: Covered Up