Delaware Park announced July 18 that the horse Parlo, trainer Grover "Buddy" Delp, jockey Eldon Nelson, owners Mr. and Mrs. Walter Jeffords, and Bayard Sharp are the 2012 inductees into the track's "Wall of Fame."
Dixieland Band, one of the original three stallions at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., and the sire of 117 stakes winners, was euthanized April 7 due to the infirmities of age. The son of Northern Dancer was 30.
Breeder/owner Bayard Sharp, an original director of Delaware Park and a former president of The Blood-Horse Inc., died Aug. 9 at his Centerville, Del., home after a brief illness. He was 89.
Most Popular Stories
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week