Delaware Park announced July 18 that the horse Parlo, trainer Grover "Buddy" Delp, jockey Eldon Nelson, owners Mr. and Mrs. Walter Jeffords, and Bayard Sharp are the 2012 inductees into the track's "Wall of Fame."
Dixieland Band, one of the original three stallions at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., and the sire of 117 stakes winners, was euthanized April 7 due to the infirmities of age. The son of Northern Dancer was 30.
Breeder/owner Bayard Sharp, an original director of Delaware Park and a former president of The Blood-Horse Inc., died Aug. 9 at his Centerville, Del., home after a brief illness. He was 89.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- 13 for Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship