Delaware Park announced July 18 that the horse Parlo, trainer Grover "Buddy" Delp, jockey Eldon Nelson, owners Mr. and Mrs. Walter Jeffords, and Bayard Sharp are the 2012 inductees into the track's "Wall of Fame."
Dixieland Band, one of the original three stallions at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., and the sire of 117 stakes winners, was euthanized April 7 due to the infirmities of age. The son of Northern Dancer was 30.
Breeder/owner Bayard Sharp, an original director of Delaware Park and a former president of The Blood-Horse Inc., died Aug. 9 at his Centerville, Del., home after a brief illness. He was 89.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double