Delaware Park announced July 18 that the horse Parlo, trainer Grover "Buddy" Delp, jockey Eldon Nelson, owners Mr. and Mrs. Walter Jeffords, and Bayard Sharp are the 2012 inductees into the track's "Wall of Fame."
Dixieland Band, one of the original three stallions at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., and the sire of 117 stakes winners, was euthanized April 7 due to the infirmities of age. The son of Northern Dancer was 30.
Breeder/owner Bayard Sharp, an original director of Delaware Park and a former president of The Blood-Horse Inc., died Aug. 9 at his Centerville, Del., home after a brief illness. He was 89.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente