Delaware Park announced July 18 that the horse Parlo, trainer Grover "Buddy" Delp, jockey Eldon Nelson, owners Mr. and Mrs. Walter Jeffords, and Bayard Sharp are the 2012 inductees into the track's "Wall of Fame."
Dixieland Band, one of the original three stallions at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., and the sire of 117 stakes winners, was euthanized April 7 due to the infirmities of age. The son of Northern Dancer was 30.
Breeder/owner Bayard Sharp, an original director of Delaware Park and a former president of The Blood-Horse Inc., died Aug. 9 at his Centerville, Del., home after a brief illness. He was 89.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct