Delaware Park announced July 18 that the horse Parlo, trainer Grover "Buddy" Delp, jockey Eldon Nelson, owners Mr. and Mrs. Walter Jeffords, and Bayard Sharp are the 2012 inductees into the track's "Wall of Fame."
Dixieland Band, one of the original three stallions at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., and the sire of 117 stakes winners, was euthanized April 7 due to the infirmities of age. The son of Northern Dancer was 30.
Breeder/owner Bayard Sharp, an original director of Delaware Park and a former president of The Blood-Horse Inc., died Aug. 9 at his Centerville, Del., home after a brief illness. He was 89.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Cooler Temps Forecast for Derby Week
- Taptowne Looks for Breakthrough in Texas Mile
- How Hong Kong's On-Track Pharmacies Work
- CHRB to Hear Report on Proposed Fairplex Move
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Saratoga 2014 to Offer Record Stakes Purses
- Old Friends Retires GII Winner Radiohead