Bay Meadows Racing Association will conduct a new three-race event in March called the Triple Play Race Series, which consists of a $10,000 claiming race followed by two starter races.
Faced with eventual closure of Bay Meadows, the California Horse Racing Board doomed the 73-year-old race course rather than grant a two-year waiver of its edict mandating that all major Thoroughbred tracks in the state install synthetic surfaces by the end of the year.
The California Horse Racing Board put an important stamp of approval on the sale of Hollywood Park at its commission meeting Thursday at Del Mar by unanimously okaying the deal with the Bay Meadows' Land Company in accordance with state racing law.
Youbet.com shareholders have elected R. Douglas Donn, former CEO of Gulfstream Park Racing Association, and F. Jack Liebau, president of Bay Meadows Racing Association, to serve on the company's board of directors. The two racing executives were elected at the Youbet.com annual shareholders meeting last week.
The Bay Meadows racing signal will be available to all three legal account deposit wagering companies in California when the Bay Area track opens for business under new management Feb. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available