Adreamisborn continued to show his love for California as the Jerry Hollendorfer trainee got up in the final stride to win Saturday's $125,000 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf.
After a one-week delay due to California's closed ports, Bay Meadows will be the first to venture into horse bobblehead giveaways. The San Mateo, Calif., track will hand out 8,500 Seabiscuit bobbleheads on Oct. 19, the first of these popular nodding statuettes to honor a horse instead of a human.
Bobby Frankel attempts to become the all-time leading trainer in the storied history of the Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) when he sends out Dance Dreamer Saturday in the 70th running of the turf feature.
Richard Englander's Devine Wind collared pacesetter River Keen in the stretch and drew away to a one-length win over Irish Prize in the $200,000 Bay Meadows Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Bay Meadows. Claimed for $40,000 at Hollywood Park in May, Devine Wind earned $110,000 and his first stakes victory with the win.
Golden Gate Handicap (gr. IIIT) winner Deploy Venture seeks to rebound from a sixth-place finish in the Sword Dancer Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) when he takes on 118-pound highweight River Keen and four others in the $200,000 Bay Meadows Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Yearling Sale Season Ends With F-T October
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro